The National Committee on Nominations invites interested and qualified individuals to submit their name and qualifications for the following positions for the 2017-2019 Biennium: National Vice President for Colonization and Membership, National Vice President for Programs, National Vice President for Student Affairs, and the Board of Trustees (3 at-large seats).
(This process is detailed in the Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity National Constitution.)
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Be at least twenty-five (25) years of age. (for every office except Vice President for Student Affairs)
• Completed at least four (4) years of college work.
• Possess outstanding business or professional ability.
• Capable of representing the Fraternity under all ordinary conditions.
• Willing and able to devote the necessary time to the execution of the duties imposed by the office.
• Attendance at National Convention.
Specific officer or trustee responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the National Headquarters of Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity at (405) 372-2333.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION NO LATER THAN JANUARY 15, 2017:
• Letter of intent which identifies the position being sought, why it is being sought, what contributions you can make in that office, and information detailing how you meet the above basic qualifications. Highlight band and fraternity experience.
• Candidates should make it clear in their letter of intent whether they would be available to be nominated into a position other than the primary one indicated by their letter of intent.
• Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be within the applicant’s profession.
• A campaign statement and biographical profile for publication on the web site as the Election Newsletter to be available at the 2017 District Conventions and to individual chapters. A sample statement and biographical profile from a prior Election Newsletter can be obtained from the National Headquarters.
• One photograph, suitable for publication.
QUESTIONS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS AT:
(405) 372-2333 or email@example.com.
SUBMIT MATERIALS (NOT LATER THAN JANUARY 15, 2017) TO:
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity
Committee on Nominations
Post Office Box 849
Stillwater, OK 74076-0849
or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org