Today’s update shifts the focus to National Convention. Who’s excited? Have you registered? Have you booked your room at the Buena Vista Palace? Here is some information on dates and prices:
– NIB Application deadline: April 15th
– Convention dates: July 18th-22nd
– Convention registration deadline: June 15th — No refunds will be given after this date and any forms received after this date will incur a $25 late fee.
– Registration is $140
– The hotel is $132+tax a night, with $16 a day for parking (this price is only available if you stay onsite).
With those amounts in mind, here are some of the benefits of staying onsite:
– discounted Disney tickets
– free transport to Disney parks from hotel via shuttles
– directly across the street from Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
– just down the road [insert actual mileage] from a shopping mall with a Safeway and non-Disney restaurant options (both fast food and sit down).
– once you are on-site, no need to deal with tourist traffic in that area of Orlando
– hotel rate is about as good as you’ll get in that area, below average for the high season with no resort fees that are normal included in places like this
– complimentary beverage tickets useable in the hotel (2 tickets per person registered to the room, max 4 people per room)
– complimentary sun care products provided by the hotel
– the pools + lazy river
– being surrounded by 1000+ of your brothers and sisters 24 hours a day for 5 days straight
If you want/need more information see the website here: http://natcon.kkytbsonline.com (there are some Facebook Live videos of the hotel from the National Council’s meetings onsite in January).. There you will find individual registration forms along with the delegate registration forms. You can also call National Headquarters at (405)372-2333 for any questions that aren’t answered by the website.
National Vice President for Student Affairs