Student Advisory Committee July 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the July Student Advisory Committee, pre-NatCon meeting on July 9, 2017. Lizzi Pineiro of the SWD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—July SAC – Minutes 7/9/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: Jesse Granados – President
    • North Central:  Viet Nguyen – VPM, Jacob Boesch – VPP, Jason Filer – Secretary/Treasurer
    • Northeast: Katie Kelly – President, Rebekah Franolich – Secretary/Treasurer
    • Southeast: Frank Marzen – President,
    • Southwest: Makenzie Darby – President, Lizzi Pineiro – VPM, Dino Cardenas – MAL
    • Western: Lyssa Fukuhara – MAL
  • District Updates
    • Midwest:
      • We had a district wide T-Shirt fundraiser with Tau Beta Sigma, we have planned another district event which is our district days and we have nailed down a location and date, which will more than likely be announced to the district after national convention.
    • North Central
      • Summer Meeting happened discussing district goals; NatCon apparel fundraiser
    • Northeast
      • Discussed delegate fee reduction to less than $10 (maybe nothing!)
    • Southeast
      • Council is full now after extending deadlines
    • Southwest
      • Thinking of bringing a district fundraiser to NatCon
    • Western
      • No meeting held since last SAC Meeting
  • National Council Updates
    • Parking will be free for KKPsi and TBS members at the hotel
    • 15% off food in the hotel
    • 7 AM breakfasts with Zac (SAC Meetings to follow)
    • Wi-fi will be available (no streaming) in the hotel for free in the business area
    • Parks will have free wifi!
    • Active and alumni membership cards are needed!
    • Directions to local grocery stores and restaurants (less than 2 miles away) posted as a update
    • SAC: look at all info on Slack BEFORE attending convention (surveys will be on there too)
    • SAC: Set up Slack accounts and tell Zac when you will arrive and leave

Last Council Update before National Convention 2017!

Happy Friday!

We are T-11 days until the opening session of the 2017 National Convention of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma. Because we are now under two weeks away, the national leadership felt it was a good time to post some reminders about business to be discussed and about the logistics of the event itself. As always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Alright, let’s get down to brass tacks, this year’s convention has a few big ticket items in terms of business, the national curriculum framework proposal, The Road to Wisdom, national officer elections, and the fraternity ritual being off its ten-year moratorium. But there are also a lot of other, more general reminders relating to national convention and the work of the national council. So let’s get started:

The Road to Wisdom

First up, the national curriculum proposal, The Road to Wisdom. The framework that the Curriculum committee has been working on this biennium will be presented to the Colonization and Membership committee during convention where it will then be debated and discussed.

Many of you have been asking to see more materials relating to this curriculum, and you’re in luck! The committee, working with our National Publications Manager, Robert Bratcher, has uploaded PDFs of the Vice President Teach Manual and the MC Guidebook on the national convention website here. These are up to date as of today, July 7, 2017.

In addition to those amazing resources, there are other documents for your perusal, such as a Rationale Statement and planning guides for the Spring and Fall semesters. I would also steer you to the fraternity’s podcast, Kappa Kappa Psi Presents, as we have devoted a number of episodes to the curriculum over the past six months. Specifically, I recommend the following episodes: 24, 26, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 52, and 52a. I would especially suggest you listen to both 52 and 52a as they are the most recent and 52a is filled with brothers from the pilot chapters who actually used the curriculum this year as part of the membership education process. You can find all those and more here.

And if all that still isn’t enough, you can always reach out to the committee itself by sending an email to

Kappa Kappa Psi Officer Elections

As you know, the election process was changed at the last national convention, in Lexington, Kentucky. As such, the slate of candidates has already been announced by the nominations committee. You can find their report here. You can find a list of all of the candidates along with introduction video clips here. Episode 39 of the podcast also features the audio content of the introduction videos, you can find that here.

Kappa Kappa Psi Ritual

Next, the Kappa Kappa Psi ritual! As many are aware, National President Jack Lee and National Vice President for Colonization and Membership Evan Thompson created the Ritual Performance and Education committee this biennium. They asked me, your National Vice President for Student Affairs, to serve as chair. We were charged with reviewing the entire ritual book and compiling a list of updates with respect to the performance and preparation language. The committee submitted its convention report to Jack earlier this week, and I can say we were very thorough.

It was an humbling experience and I am excited to see the conversations that take place within the Ritual and Regalia committee in a few days. Due to the secrecy of the ritual, I cannot provide even an overview of the suggested changes on this platform, but know that our committee did not make any recommendations that altered content within the ritual–our work was about the performance of the ritual so that the lessons and values it teaches can be articulated in the best way possible!

Also, I want to get  everyone excited for all of the ritual related content that will be presented at national convention. There were be a number of workshops centered on our ritual and I am excited to see the conversations that take place!

National Council Feedback

I also would like to remind everyone that the council has their summer meeting directly in front of national convention. So if there is something you want to be sure we discuss, please don’t hesitate to submit your feedback here.

Other Reminders and Updates

With the big items out of the way, here are some other reminders:

National Convention is happening July 18th-22nd at the Buena Vista Palace resort in Orlando, Florida. You can find more information regarding registration, schedules and workshop descriptions, along with any other information you’d need here.

Be sure to use promo code ZKDZP when booking your SuperShuttle to the Buena Vista Palace for NatCon and save 10% on your trip! For more information click here.

Remember that as this is an official fraternity event, our attendance policy will be in full effect. Please refer here for more information on what to bring to verify your status as a brother in good standing.

I am excited to also share the following information with you! This afternoon, our National Executive Director, Steve Nelson received confirmation from the hotel of the following:

– All attendees will now receive complimentary parking.
– Attendees will receive a 15% discount off food purchases in the hotel’s restaurants
– Complimentary wifi will be available in meeting rooms (for light use, not for streaming or downloading of large files/videos)

If you are interested in spending the free day on Thursday at a theme park, there are also discounts available to us through the national convention website. Click on the attraction tickets menu and follow the directions for whichever parks you are interested in visiting. Deadlines for those discounts are fast approaching.

Also, remember to plan for the weather! It will be the middle to end of July in Florida! It will be hot, humid, and will probably storm in the afternoons. And while your packing, make sure to include not only your swimsuit for the awesome lazy river. But also be sure to pack your coolest letters and your best school spirit gear (for the fight song competition after banquet on Saturday).

Also, for situational awareness purposes, I wanted to share the closest non-Disney Springs/Hotel food and grocery options. There is a shopping center just off I-4 and just outside the resort property where you can find a Gooding’s (grocery store), McDonalds, Taco Bell, Waffle House, Chevy’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, Sweet Tomatoes, and more. This is about a 2 mile or 30 minute walk, which I have done it before when I stayed at another hotel around the corner from the Buena Vista Palace. Directions/google map of the area can be found here.

Be sure to add the fraternity and sorority’s google calendar that is being updated with national convention events with date/time/room locations here.

If you have any other questions between now and then, please don’t hesitate to reach out! You can either send an email to myself at or you can call national headquarters at (405)372-2333.

Keep striving and seen you real soon!

Zachary T. Humphrey
National Vice President for Student Affairs

Student Advisory Committee June 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the June Student Advisory Committee meeting on June 12, 2017 Lizzi Pineiro of the SWD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—June SAC – Minutes 6/12/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: Jesse Granados – President
    • North Central:  Viet Nguyen – VPM, Jacob Boesch – VPP
    • Northeast: Kim Sulahian – MAL
    • Southeast: Frank Marzen – President, Keith Pringle – VPP
    • Southwest: Lizzi Pineiro- VPM, Dino Cardenas – MAL
    • Western: Micky Welther – Sec/Treas, Lyssa Fukuhara – MAL
  • District Updates
    • Midwest:
      • Convention site set; CLC was a great turn out
    • North Central
      • 58 people for their first summer event
    • Northeast
      • Gaining contact info per chapters; fundraising ideas for conventions (national and district)
    • Southeast
      • ‘Slack’ is working well as a communication platform; updating emails per chapter; positions are filling up
    • Southwest
      • National convention push; Instagram revamp
    • Western
      • Joint meeting was a success; positions selected (waiting on announcements)
  • SAC Topic #1: The Road to Wisdom and an update from the Curriculum Committee
    • Robert is making it pretty- almost ready for printing!
    • Teacher-like manuals (student view per page)
    • Reviews and assessments will be available as an option
    • Both manuals will be available at Nat Con to the delegates of that committee
    • Candidates will be able to type AND SAVE!!!
    • Lesson Four Content got cut (for the sake of good teaching and engagement)
    • Keeps the things that matter more important over the others
    • Recording of stop-motion ritual and lessons at Nat Con
    • 3 different lessons will be taught at Nat Con (Wed, Fri, and Sat)
    • Tons of extra materials will be available (PPT etc)
    • There will be assigned Curriculum Advisors per chapter
    • Kim: “How do we still implement tradition?”
    • Edmodo, Google Classroom, Slack for virtual learning communities (contact the curriculum committee if you have other options that may fit this need)
  • National Council Updates
    • Deadlines:
      • Letter of Proxy—July 4
      • Registration—June 15
      • Book hotel ASAP
      • Colonization application May 15—June 30
      • Gold Star Program – award for Military—July 1
      • Outstanding Sponsor—July 1
    • Help with podcast at NatCon—form on website
  • SAC Topic #2: Music and the Ritual
    • Due to secret nature of our ritual, the notes are available on request to verifiable brothers.
  • District Feedback/Concerns
    • Dino: ‘Conditional status (especially concerning fees) during internship semesters’
      • Clarified you only have to REAPPLY after two consecutive semesters
    • Jacob: ‘Pharm student status” 
    • Zac wants to create a communications team to keep cohesive outreach to the brothers
    • Next meeting (briefly) 1 week before Nat Con
    • SAC will be given applications and will pick Most Improved Chapter at Nat Con

Student Advisory Committee May 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the May Student Advisory Committee meeting on May 11, 2017. Alyssa Olsen of the MWD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—May SAC – Minutes 5/11/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: Alyssa Olsen – VPM
    • North Central: Danielle Francis – President, Viet Nguyen – VPM, Jason Filer – Sec/Treas
    • Northeast: Katie Kelly – President, Miranda Cook – VP, Rebekah Franolich – Sec/Treas, Kim Sulahian – MAL
    • Southeast: Frank Marzen – President, Keith Pringle – VPP, Brianna McKinzie – VPM
    • Southwest: Makenzie Darby – President, Lizzi Pineiro- VPM
    • Western: Lyssa Fukuhara – MAL
  • District Updates
    • Midwest:
      • CLC planning going well, almost finalized
      • Regular council meetings
      • District Convention announced
    • North Central
      • Summer function planning going well
      • VPP interviews
    • North East
      • Now have a full council
      • Meeting to define goals
    • Southeast
      • First council meeting
      • Sent out applications for other positions
    • Southwest
      • Now have a full council
      • Going to have a meeting after finals
    • Western
      • Now have a full council
      • Sent out applications for other positions
      • Having first meetings
  • SAC Topic #1: What do you want to be doing/talking about at NatCon?
    • Is there a schedule?
      • Zac is working on an update
      • Communicating with other National Officers (Jack, etc.)
      • Will have it by the end of the month
      • Possibly starting at 3??
    • Talk on chartering a bus
      • Not enough interest originally
      • Need more interest ASAP for Zac/officers to look into details
      • Bus for Oklahoma and surrounding districts—shared on SAC Facebook page (Makenzie)
        • Village tours- $16,000
        • Red carpet- $16,000
        • AKA: Very expensive—especially if outside “10-hour circle”
      • Ask through the campus—travel, fees, etc.
    • Promotion on District pages
      • Any limits to what we can use from National pictures, logos, etc.?
        • Allowed to use those
        • If you’re unsure, email Robert or call HQ
    • Road to Wisdom Implementation
      • Membership/Ritual
      • National Committee members are meeting in June
      • National Members to attend June SAC Meeting
      • SAC (or at least Presidents) will have time to discuss
      • Can still send information about piloting
    • Ritual Performance and Education Committee
      • Moratorium up this year!
      • Meaningful, purposeful rather than nonsense (as of 10 years ago)
      • Update instructions, preparations page, and “extras”
        • More specific
        • Checklists
        • To be able to be performed with absolutely no prior knowledge
        • Leeway with certain sensitive subjects/actions
      • How to talk about Ritual in chapter
        • After NatCon
      • National and District Rituals should ideally be a good model
        • More rehearsal, choreographing
        • Not last minute
      • Possible workshop at NatCon
      • Knowledge trickle down—National, District, Chapter
      • Submit Jurisdiction and Ritual Changes
      • Post-convention:
        • New Ritual Books sent out
          • Mailed to chapter’s address
          • Cost covered by Nationals
          • Old ones to be discarded (burn, shred, etc.)
        • Curriculum implementation
          • Lots of National support
          • Will take time and adjustments
          • Lizzi said it’s not hard to implement
          • Won’t have to print (saves money)
    • Does a delegate form need to be filled out for each District?
      • Most likely not
    • A District officer can hold a chapter delegate position
    • Are Officers going to be in committees other than the SAC?
      • Most likely not
    • SAC Plans at NatCon (so far):
      • Zac providing all officers in attendance breakfast at the hotel 7-8 am Wed, Fri, Sat
      • Absolutely no business on Thursday
      • Tuesday: 12:30-1:30p
      • Wednesday: 8-9a
      • Friday: 8-10a
      • Saturday: TBA
      • Working on coming up with a leadership workshop/session for SAC
      • One session dedicated to most improved chapter
        • Packets, etc sent as soon as possible
        • Eta and Alpha Eta officers will not be able to participate (they’re nominated)
      • One session on how National organization communicates to districts and chapters
        • Podcasts
          • Charge: listen to the podcasts!!!
      • Face time with National Council
      • District Officers help a lot at NatCon!
        • Still get to have an experience and time outside of meetings
      • Not a huge deal if you aren’t there for the whole convention, and you are not REQUIRED to attend
      • Main source of communication: GroupMe –Yay Zac!!
  • National Council Updates
    • Deadlines:
      • Officer Updates—June 1
      • Chapter Summary Report—June 1
      • Proxy delegate forms—June 1
      • Suggestions for jurisdiction, ritual, etc.—June 1
      • Registration—June 15
      • Book hotel ASAP
      • Colonization application May 15—June 30
      • Gold Star Program – award for Military—July 1
      • Outstanding Sponsor—July 1
      • Initiate Registration—within 30 days
      • Graduating Senior ASAP
    • Help with podcast at NatCon—form on website
  • SAC Topic #2: What are some of the struggles/concerns facing our students today (and how can we as leaders help address them)?
    • Mental Health
      • How to appropriately handle mental health
      • University health center, professors, etc. can do talks/presentations
      • Evan is passionate about this sort of subject
  • District Feedback/Concerns
    • NCD— District-wide recruitment video
        • SAC can participate—Viet will share info

      SWD—communication with chapters has been difficult

      • Facebook
        • District and officer closed pages
        • Have members add new members rather than wait for officer update forms
      • Listserv (email)
      • There are some people who just won’t communicate—it’s okay!

Student Advisory Committee April 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the April Student Advisory Committee meeting on April 18,2017. Viet Nguyen of the NCD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—April SAC – Minutes 4/18/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: Jesse Granados – President, Alyssa Michelle Olsen – VP, Ahnika LeRoy – Secretary/Treasurer, Tate Williams – Member-at-Large
    • North Central: Danielle Francis – President, Viet Nguyen – VPM, Jason Filer – Secretary/Treasurer
    • Northeast: Katie Kelly – President, Miranda Cook – VP
    • Southeast: Frank Marzen – President, Brianna McKinzie – VPM
    • Southwest: none
    • Western: Dale Ramirez – President, Jenna Jorgensen – VP
  • District Updates
    • Midwest:
      • They are speaking with their TBD council to schedule the Leadership conference. Speak with each chapter in their district to set overarching goals. Early process and hoping to be done early June.
    • North Central
      • Summer FUNction is going smoothly. Event for brotherhood by camping
      • Viet: Membership Chats + Recruitment Video
      • Jason: Speaking with TBS sec tres to talk about fundraising opp.
      • Danielle: Actively looking to fill up VPP spot
    • North East
      • Currently have two vacancy’s, but has 11 applications to get those filled!
      • Having an installation for Dominion College
      • Miranda: Working on a publication
    • Southeast
      • Frank: Focusing on organization. Moving to unify a communication platform. Questions about slack and how they use it for a more professional base
      • Brianna: She crossed just the past semester. She wants to speak with chapters about the new curriculum. They are having two leadership conferences.
    • Southwest
      • no update provided
    • Western
      • Dale: Two vacancies in the district elections. 9 candidates to review. Reevaluating some of the goals as charged by their governors. Corresponding with chapter presidents to involve them to make it to NatCon/submissions as well
      • Jenna: Working with the TBS VP to make a calendar for all important district dates
  • SAC Topic #1:What do we want from our national leadership?
  • What kind of resources do we have to give us regarding to the Road to Wisdom? Is there any extra that’s specifically for the DVPM?
    • This committee will regularly feature members of the curriculum committee to answer your questions and going forward during the implementation period. You will get a crash course training over the curriculum. Depending on what passes at NatCon, we will get all types of information for this curriculum. Chapters will have dedicated point people to help answer questions and facilitate the transition. Edmodo, and all other resources will be available for the district officers. We want to be comfortable speaking with the national officers.
  • Can we get more information on the upcoming changes to the national programs that’s being voted on?
    • We will want to be as transparent as possible and keep all information available to all chapters.
  • What type of communication do we have with national leadership?
    • We have these SAC meetings every month. Don’t be afraid to ask. Reminders and updates will be constant.
  • National Council Updates
    • Just finished all the April 15th deadline for the Keynote speaker and the solo competition. Lots of submissions. Deadline extended. Try to get all the final paperwork in for the chapters regarding NatCon. Graduating seniors, chapter summary reports, etc.. Information for all the deadlines (delegate, fundraising table, etc.,) are on the NatCon website.
    • These SAC meetings are typically held online. We will try and schedule these out as much as we can. These meetings are for current active district officers. We want to do something more with the committee instead of just doing small things at NatCon.
    • Expectation that one per district needs to make it to these meetings. But always remember, we are students first, chapter members second, district officers third.
    • Make sure to keep us updated on when vacancies and dates/locations get decided for district officers and conventions!
  • District Feedback/Concerns
    • NCDVPM Viet wants to keep contact with MWD and NED to try and increase district relations’
    • MWD Pres wants to know how to keep contact with their own district officers. Slack? GroupMe? Email?
      • SED is trying Slack this year, but other district utilize GroupMe and Facebook a lot.
    • All of the district officers in attendance are going to NatCon! Great time for us to meet the faces of Nat officers.

Student Advisory Committee March 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the March Student Advisory Committee meeting on March 9, 2017. Si Si Ni of the WD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—March SAC – Minutes 3/9/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: none
    • North Central: none
    • Northeast: Kylie Wolfe – President, Shanon Rubin – VP for Membership, Miranda Cook – Secretary/Treasurer, Helen Landers – Historian/Alumni Liaison
    • Southeast: Jerome Hall – Secretary/Treasurer, Evan Schlameuss – VP for Programs
    • Southwest: George Ishii – President, Arjun Jeetan – MAL
    • Western: Alyssa Mayer – Vice President Si Si Ni – Sec/Treas
    • National Leadership: Evan Thompson, Zac Humphrey, Ken Corbett(Curriculum Committee)
  • District Updates
    • Midwest
      • no update provided
    • North Central
      • no update provided
    • North East
      • Convention is next weekend!
      • People have the opportunity to record materials for NIB
      • Members will learn about the history of the convention site
      • There will be a talent show on Friday of convention
      • There will be a ceremony for the Brother we lost from Clarion
    • Southeast
      • Convention is 3 weeks away!
      • Road to SED
      • There will be descriptions about chapters in the SED
      • There will be guest presenters
      • The applications for District Officers have been sent out, but only 5 people have submitted packets so far
      • SED will have a student conductor for the reading band
      • Funds
        • Chapter Regalia Fund
        • SEDAA is offering scholarship funds
    • Southwest
      • no update provided
    • Western
      • Excited for WDC – 2 weeks from now
      • Offered 10 registration grants ($45 to each recipient)
      • Bro/Sis week leading up to WDC – shows appreciation between Brothers and Sisters. Includes themed days
      • There will be studios available to record for NIB
      • WDEC – Western District Ensemble Clinic
        • The district is inviting high school students to play in the reading band of Brothers and Sisters. This promotes KKPsi/TBS to the local high schools
      • Virtual 5K-fundraiser for National Convention
        • Each chapter is encouraged to set up their own website and have proceeds from registrations go towards the chapter travel fund to help members attend Natcon 2017 and future national convention
  • SAC Topic #1: Curriculum Development Update with Evan Thompson and Ken Corbett, members
    • National Curriculum
      • Comments from pilot chapters are helpful
      • At each district convention, there will be an opportunity to introduce the framework of the curriculum followed by a Q&A session
      • Looking at the new few weeks, the committee will organize pilot chapters to answer questions at convention
      • The committee will meet in April and June to review more feedback from students
      • All of the information will go to the Colonization and Membership Committee at National Convention
      • Some of the components of the new MEP includes:
        • Project-Based Learning (Portfolio)
          • The goal is to instill innovation and creativity among chapters
        • Rationale Document – purposes of KKPsi
      • Discussion on the National MEP
        • The WD only has one pilot chapter. What additional projects could chapters do with the new MEP?
          • Evan: There are guidelines for the interview process that are specific to the size of the chapter (i.e. more than / less than 30 members)
            • Candidate class interviews as a group
            • The national MEP provides the structure from the risk/liability standpoint
          • Zac:
            • Chapter identity is important, but we are Brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi
            • Encourage the membership committee to reach out to the National Curriculum Committee
          • Could lesson orders change?
            • When proposed at Natcon 2015, the committee recommended a specific order for 2 lessons:
              • Orientation have to be before initiation
              • Lesson 8 be given after 3rd Degree
            • The approach for the new MEP goes against the societal norms of being so focused on testing. WHY should we continue that in KKPsi? – which is why we are throwing that out
              • Focus on bringing quality members in the process and then help refine them as Brothers
              • The membership selection process should be the hardest part, not the education itself
              • It would be as rare as seeing Big Foot to not vote someone through
            • How can we gauge the success of the membership candidates?
              • Learning outcomes
                • The MC’s should be able to complete these. There are goals/expectations for what they should be able to get out of the lesson
                • They are at the beginning to explain to the candidates what they are going to learn
              • ED Moto – professional learning community for VPMs
                • The VPMs will automatically be on the roster for ED Moto after filling out the Chapter Summary Report
                • There are detailed lesson plans for how Nationals recommend your chapter teach each lesson
              • MC Reflection
                • Discussion with the membership class about what they learned
              • Initiate registration will be submitted before 1st
                • Should there be any changes, the president will be responsible for the revision of the document by removing the candidate name and providing reason(s) for the leaving of the candidate
                • This is helpful in case there is an incident on campus, nationals know exactly which members are membership candidates
              • It doesn’t have to be the VPM alone who is responsible for the education process. They should be the facilitator of the process. They will administer the high quality discussions of these candidates.
              • Brothers are there to model what being a Brother entails, not to think for the candidates.
  • National Council Updates
    • The VPSA page exists now with new and improved features!
      • It has a player built in to play podcasts
      • There’s a link to the page of all podcasts
      • RSS feed for council updates
      • RSS feed for SAC
      • Town Hall Buttons – help fuel conversations during town hall
      • FAQ section will be fully functional by National Convention
    • Service Conversation prior to convention
      • In April – soft launch for the Month of Service
        • Encourages chapters to take on/share an innovative project in the spring
        • There might be a competition aspect (awards involved)
          • Coverage of Delegate fees at National Convention
    • Survey feedback
      • Use data for 5-year leadership development plan and membership dues
      • Length of Survey
        • Some of the longer surveys might prevent people from completing the form
        • Increase the number of shorter surveys might increase participation, which also increases exposure for the topics

Be a part of the fraternity’s Podcast Crew at NatCon this summer!

Are you interested in getting more involved on a national level? Are you studying something involving audio or video? Is recording a hobby you particularly enjoy? Is podcasting or videoblogging your thing? And last but not least are you attending national convention? If you answered any of the previous questions in the affirmative, I want to leverage your skills and passion.

I am looking for brothers who are in good standing with the national organization who would be interested in being part of my podcast crew at national convention. My goal is to get as many sessions recorded as possible so that brothers who aren’t able to attend NatCon can get in on the action. I am also hoping to record some of the social experience--the gatherings by the pools, in the halls, at the theme parks. All of this being done as a way to share that national convention experience with everyone long after the convention has ended.

If this interests you, you will find a button linking to the application below. And as a heads up, applications are due by June 15th.

Now before anyone panics, this isn’t a crazy process. At the end of the day, I am simply looking for a few good brothers who want to help me create content for this podcast while at national convention. So all of you budding filmmakers and journalists as well as audiophiles and techs, here’s your chance to funnel your other creative passions into the fraternity. And if you are none of those things and just want to help, that’s great too, submit and app and be part of the podcast today!

Keep striving!

Information for the upcoming MWD, SED, and WD conventions

Brothers of the Midwest, Southeast, and Western Districts,

Below you will find buttons that link to both the National Town Hall question submission form (labeled with the hashtag for your convention) as well as the Ritual Performance and Education Committee Focus Group sign up form. The National Leadership Team is excited to see you all this weekend!

Keep striving!


Podcast update for the week of March 27th

Brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi:

Due to some technical difficulties following the Southwest District Convention, there will only be one episode of “Kappa Kappa Psi Presents” this week as opposed to the double episodes I mentioned last week. The episode will be posted on Wednesday morning and will focus on the Curriculum Committee’s conversation that happened at SWDCon. It will have some updates for the coming week as well. The goal for next week and the week after will be to have double episodes each week following the remaining district conventions, with one focusing on the convention itself and the other focusing on that weekend’s Curriculum Committee conversations.

I apologize for the hiccup and I look forward to bringing the Brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi continued quality content with the upcoming episodes of the podcast. If you’d like to contribute to the podcast, don’t hesitate to reach out by visiting the podcast’s website or sending an email to

Thank you for understanding!

Keep striving!