Please know that there are multiple districts where Governors are returning, and even some districts that there are no current available positions. However, Jack plans to utilize individuals that submit material for a Governor position in future consideration for committees, task-forces, and special projects. This is more than an application for a Governor position; this is an opportunity to donate your time and energies to Kappa Kappa Psi.
According to the National Constitution section 5.201, each District shall be under the jurisdiction of at least one (1) District Governor. The District Governor(s) serve for two years, and are appointed each biennium. If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the qualifications listed below and submit materials for consideration.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be at least twenty-five (25) years of age.
- Completed at least four (4) years of college work.
- Committed to the 2 year Governor term.
- Possess outstanding business or professional ability.
- Capable of representing the Fraternity under all ordinary conditions.
- Willing and able to devote the necessary time to the execution of the duties imposed by the office.
- Attendance at District Conventions, District Events, and National Convention.
Specific Governor responsibilities may be obtained by contacting the National Headquarters of Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity at (405) 372-2333.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION to Jack Lee, Vice President of Colonization and Membership, NO LATER THAN MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2015:
- Letter of intent which outlines the answers to the following questions:
- Resume/Vita – both professional and fraternal.
- A photo and brief biography suitable for publication on the fraternity website (www.kkpsi.org)
- What do you believe is the role of the Governor?
- What 3 goals do you feel your district needs to address this biennium and what are your plans to meet them?
- The direction for this biennium will be “Kappa Kappa Psi Matters.” What do you believe this means for your district?
SUBMIT MATERIALS (NO LATER THAN MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2015) electronically to Jack Lee, National Vice President of Colonization and Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be addressed to Jack Lee at: (817) 729-5841 or email@example.com.
National Vice President for Colonization and Membership
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity
SHAREABLE PDF HERE: GovernorApplication2015-2017