Official Notice of KKΨ National Convention

In accordance with Section 3.403 of the Kappa Kappa Psi National Constitution, official notice is hereby given that,

The National Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi will meet in National Convention

July 18-22, 2017
Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
1900 E. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

In preparation for our upcoming National Convention this summer in Orlando, Florida, the fraternity’s constitution requires that the National Executive Director and the National Vice President for Student Affairs publish any relevant information that our membership needs to be informed about the upcoming meeting. Below you will find a short summary of both an initial agenda and topics that will be discussed.

As with all national conventions, the commissioning of a new piece of band literature through the joint effort of the National Intercollegiate Band with Tau Beta Sigma, the review of our national constitution, the passing of a budget, and the election of officers are key priorities. As you know, the election process was changed in 2015 at our last national convention in Lexington, Kentucky. This will be the first implementation of that new process and a review will be done of its efficacy. In addition, many guest speakers and leadership development sessions are planned for the continuing education of all members in attendance.

At this national convention, the 10-year moratorium on changes to our Ritual expires. As has been mentioned for the past several months, this does not mean that the ritual will be rewritten. Instead, the focus of the Ritual and Regalia committee will be to ensure that any necessary updates are made with respect to changes made to our guiding documents (constitution, policies, and various statements).

There is also a goal to enhance the performance aspects of the ritual by providing better guidance within our ritual book itself. The Ritual Performance and Education committee was created this biennium to propose changes to the instructions and preparation pages of the ritual. This committee will be on hand throughout the district convention season to chat with brothers about their ongoing efforts. If you’d like to reach out to the committee, you can do so by sending an email to

We will also discuss the implementation of a national curriculum, entitled “The Road to Wisdom,” that is the product of a multi-biennial effort to provide our chapters with a framework for educating new members. There will be plenty of room for chapters to retain their individual identities, the curriculum being proposed is focused on providing more structure to the overall process. It will do so by setting benchmarks on bringing in new brothers to the fraternity, with the focus more on what it takes to be a successful and productive active member. Members of the curriculum committee will be available throughout the district convention season to answer questions and have conversations on their ongoing work. If you would like to reach out to the committee, you can do so by sending an email to

Several constitutional changes will be reviewed.  One such constitutional amend would create an appointed member to the Kappa Kapp Psi Board of Trustees.  This additional voting member would fill a gap in expertise or experience as deemed needed.  Additional constitutional changes may be recommended as we approach national convention.  These will be published on the national convention website.

National Convention is taking place in the Buena Vista Palace hotel in Orlando, Florida. Registration for the convention is $140. If you have questions or need more information regarding the upcoming National Convention, please visit the convention website here: You can also contact our National Headquarters with any questions you have by calling (405)372-2333 or email our National Executive Director Steve Nelson at

A short outline of the daily agenda for the convention itself follows:

  • July 18 – Opening Joint and Separate Sessions, Seating of Delegates, NIB Concert
  • July 19 – Committee Meetings and Workshops
  • July 20 – Free Day for Orlando parks
  • July 21 – Separate Session, Committee Meetings and Workshops
  • July 22 – Closing Separate and Joint Sessions, National Elections, Convention Banquet

If you have specific questions for your National Council, there are a couple ways to get in touch. You can visit and click on the button at the bottom that mentions leaving feedback and questions for the National Council. You can also send an email to any or all of the National Council:

President:  Jack Lee –

Vice President for Colonization and Membership:  Evan Thompson –

Vice President for Programs:  Marco Krcatovich –

Vice President for Student Affairs:  Zac Humphrey –

Vice President for Professional Relations:  Douglas Stotter –

Immediate Past National President:  Christine Beason –

Chair for the Board of Trustees:  Rod Chesnutt –

Vice Chair for the Board of Trustees:  Adam Cantley –

Chair for the KKΨ Alumni Association BOD:  Alison Beidler –

Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to seeing you this July in Orlando, Florida!

The opening Joint Session with Tau Beta Sigma is expected to begin on July 18th at 2pm.  The seating of delegates will follow.


Zac Humphrey
National Vice President for Student Affairs

Steven C. Nelson
National Executive Director
Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma

Zachary T. Humphrey
National Vice President for Student Affairs
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity

Steve Nelson
National Executive Director
Kappa Kappa Psi / Tau Beta Sigma National Headquarters
PO Box 849, Stillwater, OK 74076
ph: 405-372-2333 / fax: 405-372-2363 / /
2017 National Convention / July 18 – 22 / Orlando, Florida

District Convention National Town Hall Update

Greetings from the Northeast District Convention in beautiful Lancaster, PA!

I wanted to take a moment to re-post the links to the online submission forms for the District Convention Town Halls. This, along with using your district specific hashtags, provides an alternative to standing at the mic and asking a question or sharing a comment or concern with the National Leadership Team. To that end, find your district's button below. Utilize the hashtags on the buttons to submit questions via Facebook and twitter.

We can't wait to see you all in the coming weeks!

Keep striving!
National Vice President for Student Affairs

Ritual Performance and Education Committee update!

Evening brothers!

On behalf of the Ritual Performance and Education committee, I hope this finds you well! As you may have heard, as part of preparing for National Convention this summer, our National President Jack Lee and National Vice President for Colonization and Membership Evan Thompson created the Ritual Performance and Education committee. The appointed me the chair of the committee. The committee's mandate is to review the performance instructions relating for the ritual and work towards creating educational materials that will work in tandem with the work that the Curriculum Development committee is doing.

To that end, as the committee has been working over the past 5 months, we wanted to ensure that the work we were doing was meaningful, useful, and helpful to our active membership in their execution of the ritual. To get meaningful feedback, we have proposed a two prong strategy.

1) We will be sending a survey to all chapter presidents. We request that either the chapter president or someone they designate fill out the survey based on the chapter's experience.

2) Performing 6 focus groups during the upcoming district conventions. We invite each chapter to send one representative of their chapter to participate in this in-person conversation on the work being done by the committee. Chapters can sign up now using the buttons below based on their home districts.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the committee by emailing

Keep striving!

February/March Council Update, part 4: National Convention 2017

Today’s update shifts the focus to National Convention. Who’s excited? Have you registered? Have you booked your room at the Buena Vista Palace? Here is some information on dates and prices:

– NIB Application deadline: April 15th
– Convention dates: July 18th-22nd
– Convention registration deadline: June 15th — No refunds will be given after this date and any forms received after this date will incur a $25 late fee.
– Registration is $140
– The hotel is $132+tax a night, with $16 a day for parking (this price is only available if you stay onsite).

With those amounts in mind, here are some of the benefits of staying onsite:

– discounted Disney tickets
– free transport to Disney parks from hotel via shuttles
– directly across the street from Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)
– just down the road [insert actual mileage] from a shopping mall with a Safeway and non-Disney restaurant options (both fast food and sit down).
– once you are on-site, no need to deal with tourist traffic in that area of Orlando
– hotel rate is about as good as you’ll get in that area, below average for the high season with no resort fees that are normal included in places like this
– complimentary beverage tickets useable in the hotel (2 tickets per person registered to the room, max 4 people per room)
– complimentary sun care products provided by the hotel
– the pools + lazy river
– being surrounded by 1000+ of your brothers and sisters 24 hours a day for 5 days straight

If you want/need more information see the website here: (there are some Facebook Live videos of the hotel from the National Council’s meetings onsite in January).. There you will find individual registration forms along with the delegate registration forms. You can also call National Headquarters at (405)372-2333 for any questions that aren’t answered by the website.

Keep striving!

Zac Humphrey
National Vice President for Student Affairs

February/March Council Update, part 3: District Conventions 2017

Tonight’s update is all about district conventions. So let’s get started!

District Conventions are starting up in a few weeks, here is a list of dates and locations:

NED – March 17-18 – Lancaster, PA
SWD – March 24-26 – Stillwater, OK
MWD – March 31 – April 2 – Ames, IA
SED – March 31 – April 2 – Tampa, FL
WD – March 31 – April 2 – Boise, ID
NCD – April 7-9 – Columbus, OH

Remember, in order to attend, you must have a valid membership card. That means your active cards for those who are active and either a life membership or alumni association card for alumni members. This is a hard and fast rule! If you are bring candidates, make sure to have a letter signed by your DOB or Sponsor on file with their names. Any questions regarding membership cards, call HQ at (405)372-2333 and ask for Debbie.

Did you attend district convention last year? If you did, you’ll remember that during the National Town Hall there was a way to digitally submit questions to be answered. We will be bringing that back based on the success we had last year. Be on the look out for an update in the next few weeks that will have all the details on the hashtags and links to the district specific forms.

Two national committees are going to be actively participating in conventions this year in preparation for National Convention in Orlando this summer. The Curriculum Development Committee along with the Ritual Performance and Education Committee (RPEC) will both be on hand to share the work they have been doing as well as answer questions regarding that work. In addition, the RPEC will be inviting one member of each chapter in attendance to participate in a focus group where they will discuss the work being done and get feedback on specific language that will be included in the final report of recommendations that get sent to the Ritual and Regalia Committee at National Convention. In addition to the focus group at convention, your chapter president’s should be receiving a survey that either they or their designate will fill out on behalf of the chapter. Both of these committees are doing vital work in the name of the fraternity and we want to ensure that our membership has every opportunity to ask questions and hear more information about the work they are doing so that come July, everyone in attendance will be able to make informed decisions. If you want to reach out to the Curriculum Development Committee, you can reach them via their committee email, If you’d like to reach the RPEC send an email to See the committee members in attendance below.

Curious about the National Leadership that will be in attendance to your district, check out the following list to see who you can expect to see!


Council: Evan Thompson, Doug Stotter
Board: Danny George, Rod Chesnutt
Alumni Board: Nick Bratcher, Sarah Casias
NHQ: Steve Nelson (Alaina Peters as CFR)
Curriculum: (Evan)
Ritual: Andy Melvin


Council: Jack Lee, Evan Thompson, Marco Krcatovich, Zac Humphrey, Doug Stotter
Board: Malinda Matney, Christine Beason
Alumni Board: Alison Beidler, Sarah Casias, Jennifer Pitts-Taylor
NHQ: Steve Nelson and Robert Bratcher
Curriculum: (Evan and Jack)
Ritual: Preston Ramsey (and Zac)


Council: Jack Lee, Evan Thompson, Marco Krcatovich, Zac Humphrey
Board: Adam Cantley, Eric Morson
Alumni Board: Alison Beidler, Nic Rorrer, Daniel Miller
NHQ: Di Spiva (Alaina Peters as CFR)
Curriculum: Jessica Lee (also Jack and Evan)
Ritual: (Zac)


Council: Jack Lee,
Board: Board: Eric Morson, Christine Beason
Alumni Brent Cannon, Nic Rorrer
NHQ: Robert Bratcher
Curriculum: Ken Corbett (Jack)
Ritual: Chris Haughee


Council: Jack Lee, Evan Thompson
Board: Christine Beason, Danny George, Eric Morson
Alumni Board: Alison Beidler, Nick Bratcher, Brent Cannon, Daniel Miller
NHQ: (whole HQ since in Stillwater) (Alaina Peters as CFR)
Curriculum: Jessica Lee, Ken Corbett (also Jack and Evan)
Ritual: Andy Melvin, Graham Delafield


Council: Marco Krcatovich, Zac Humphrey
Board: Malinda Matney, Adam Cantley
Alumni Board: Daniel Miller, Jennifer Pitts-Taylor
NHQ: Potentially Aaron Moore (Justin Chesak as CFR)
Curriculum: Yvonne Daye
Ritual: (Zac)

I think that about wraps it up for today!

Keep Striving!

February/March Council Update, part 2: Chapter Leadership Finalists!

Today’s National Council Update is the official list of the Chapter Leadership Finalists! Please congratulate the 13 chapters named finalists for the William Scroggs Founder’s Trophy:

Gamma, University of Washington
Delta, University of Oklahoma
Nu, University of Michigan
Pi, Auburn University
Alpha Zeta, Indiana University
Alpha Omega, University of Pittsburgh
Beta Omicron, Arizona State University
Gamma Pi, Purdue University
Zeta Beta, Howard Payne University
Zeta Epsilon, Michigan State University
Iota Omega, Iowa State University
Kappa Beta, Clemson University
Kappa Upsilon, Marist College

These chapters submitted an application and materials after completing all required paperwork on time and maintaining active status throughout the biennium. Unlike previous years, the applications and materials were reviewed by multiple members of the National Leadership Team and their success this biennium was scored on a common set of attributes and aspects that we look for in all chapters:

– Leadership Development within the Chapter
– Leadership in the Band Program
– Chapter Planning and Strategic Planning
– Service to the Band Program
– Relationship with the Director of Bands/Band Program
– Band Program Recruitment
– Band Musicianship Improvement
– Chapter Recruitment
– Engagement in the District/National Fraternity
– Chapter Musicianship Improvement
– Alumni Engagement
– Membership Education Planning and Organization

Keep Striving!

Zac Humphrey
National Vice President for Student Affairs

February/March Council Update, part 1: VPSA page on

It has been a while since I have penned an update for the website. With the weekly podcast episodes, I unintentionally neglected providing written updates as well. To remedy this, I will be posting a short update on a different topic each night this week. So let’s get to it, shall we?

Tonight’s update is all about the new VPSA page on the national website. There you will find a media player with Kappa Kappa Psi Presents episodes, as well as a link to the podcast’s website. You will also find RSS feeds with National Council Updates and Student Advisory Committee meeting notes. There is also a link to the national council’s online feedback from located at the bottom of the page. Going forward this will be the landing page for all things relating to VPSA and communication from the national level.

Keep striving!

Zac Humphrey
National Vice President for Student Affairs

Student Advisory Committee February 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the February Student Advisory Committee meeting on February 12, 2017. Si Si Ni of the WD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—February SAC – Minutes 2/12/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: none
    • North Central: Danielle Francis – Sec/Treas
    • Northeast: Shanon Rubin – VP for Membership
    • Southeast: Evan Schlameuss – VP for Programs
    • Southwest: George Ishii – President, Arjun Jeetan – MAL
    • Western: Si Si Ni – Sec/Treas
    • National Leadership: Jack Lee, Marco Krcatovich, Zac Humphrey, Jessica Lee (Curriculum Committee)
  • District Updates
    • Midwest
      • no update provided
    • North Central
      • Block presentation
        • More attendance from the norther school
      • Large number of people registered for convention
    • North East
      • 2/3 precinct meetings
      • Central – end of January
      • Northern precinct – next week
      • Both had 150-200 people attend
      • Registration is up on the website!
      • The workshops for convention are being planned beautifully.
    • Southeast
      • DLC was at Vanderbilt

        • Attendance was higher than usual
      • Website for SED convention is up!
      • New chapter in the district! Iota Nu – Alabama A & M

        • 75% of Iota Nu
    • Southwest
      • Convention planning is under way
      • Workshop season began yesterday
      • Accepting submissions to the district publications
    • Western
      • DLC – UCLA helped the district council gain a better understanding of the district to better-prepare WDC.

        • Attendance was higher than previous years.
      • Presidents are working efficiently in their planning for WDC.

        • Website and registration are both up!
      • The guidebook app used for DLC will make its reappearance at WDC to be a more efficient form of communication and cut down the costs by not printing excessively.
  • SAC Topic #1: Curriculum Development Update with Jessica Lee, member of the Curriculum Development Committee
    • Now onto 2nd round of pilot chapters
    • Currently using Ed Moto – interface similar to Facebook

      • Posts for chapters to access
      • A way to communicate to VP of pilot chapters
    • The committee met in January for updates.
    • Now beginning the refinement process

      • Feedback from Dos is really important
    • Committee will meet in April

      • Weekly feedback form on each lesson
      • Review feedback
      • Something different this time
    • After the meeting in April, committee will meet in June
    • Candidate guidebook & Teaching manual format
    • Finalized draft in June, then sent to committees for review at National Convention
    • One member from Curriculum will be present at every district convention
    • Goal: Ask pilot chapters to speak during the Curriculum presentation time block
    • Feedback

      • Chapters actually have a lot of control of the product (MEP)
      • Curriculum Committee development the content guideline (minimum)
      • Activities (in alignment with their policies) are up to chapter discretion.
      • Understand the values of Kappa Kappa Psi as an organization
      • Misconception:
    • At TMEA – Texas Southern might pilot
    • Q&A

      • Portfolio/project option
      • Memorizing information isn’t conducive
      • Rubric for discussion questions
      • Tests are not the best way to measure success.
      • Live the values of the organization
      • More MC responses
      • Activities
      • Should recruiting members that have the qualities of a members
      • Recommended votes after every degree
      • Learning disabilities/Dyslexia
      • Values based education
      • Rubric for vice presidents for evaluations
      • Think about the qualities you want to see in a Brother
      • How do we “measure” the success of a membership candidate without tangible data (i.e. tests/quizzes)?
      • Why do we need a test to be a standard?
    • Listen to Zac’s last two podcasts!

      • Upcoming podcast: Membership Selection

        • Recruit quality members and then think of the MCs as Actives in training rather than probationary members.
    • Email Jessica at or for any questions you may have
  • National Council Updates
    • Homework for March Meeting:

      • Reach out to chapters that piloted the National MEP
      • Find out what their concerns are
      • What they like/dislike
      • This helps prepare the National Curriculum committee prepare for National Convention
    • Chapter Leadership Finalists

      • Chapter leadership finalists will be announced on 2/13/17
      • There will be a press release on campus announcing
      • There are leadership finalists in every district!
      • Let these chapters know they’re outstanding!
      • There will be feedback in town hall to be thinking about in the future.
    • If you don’t know which national officers are attending your district conventions, ask Zac for the complete list.
    • (Shamelessly) Plug the Kappa Kappa Psi Presents podcasts
    • Awards:

      • The national officers will present national awards at district conventions.
      • These are awards that students can apply for.
    • Three Colonies

      • Jarvis Christian College
      • Old Dominion  
      • Cal Poly – Pomona
  • SAC Topic #2: Alumni Involvement: What does it currently look like and what would you like to see when you become an alumni?
    • Western District shared that there is very little encouraged alumni involvement and that there is actually some exclusion happening. Would love for more positive ways for alumni involvement.
    • The NED shared that they have a good relationship with their district alumni association. They are used for presenters at conventions and NEDAA presents some awards at convention, but they would like to see more awareness in general re: alumni events on a local level.
    • The SED shared similar experiences re: district alumni involvement but would like to see more alumni focused events similar to active workshops
    • One issue that SWD noted that chapters frequently face is getting updated alumni info from their universities. A lot of time there isn’t good coordination between the chapter and university due to privacy laws. They were wondering if this is something that the national level could help out with?
      • Zac will reach out to HQ and find out if there is more that the national org can do

Student Advisory Committee January 2017 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the January Student Advisory Committee meeting on January 17, 2017. George Ishii of the SWD took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—January SAC – Minutes 1/17/2017—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: Sarah Person – Sec/Treas
    • North Central: Abigail Johnson – VP for Membership
    • Northeast: none
    • Southeast: Ariel Clouse – VP for Membership, Evan Schlameuss – VP for Programs, Jerome Hall – Sec/Treas
    • Southwest: George Ishii – President, Arjun Jeetan – MAL
    • Western: Alyssa Maher – VP, Jake Rocco – MAL
  • District Updates
    • Midwest
      • no update provided
    • North Central
      • Winter Council Meeting week and a half ago
      • Convention in Columbus, Ohio
      • Met all FOUR host Chapters (All chapters located in Columbus)
      • DLC is next Saturday, in Hope,Indiana
    • North East
      • n/a
    • Southeast
      • Winter Council MLK Weekend
      • SED Con 2017 Tampa Florida, University of South Florida
      • DLC at Vanderbilt February 11th
      • Iota Nu Colony at Alabama A&M will be installed
    • Southwest
      • Busy with convention planning
      • Workshop season is about to get underway
        • going to be hosting a signing competition
    • Western
      • DLC – UCLA MLK Weekend (200 People!)
        • Had guest presentations with some National Officers
        • Tailored workshops to the age of the membership
        • Used an app as a digital schedule
        • Carpool Karaoke district-wide compilation video
        • Workshop to help sec/treas plan certain projects, contact for more info
        • Music Leadership Building Project – able to bring up problems and solutions together
  • SAC Topic #1: Do chapters in your district have local dues in addition to national dues? What are they used for and when are they collected?
    • Reach out to Chapters in your District and find out how much their local dues are and what that money goes towards, report back to VPSA
    • How does your own Chapter handle local dues?
      • The total varies per chapter: $5, $40-$50, $100
      • Money goes to:
        • General Service Funds
        • Chapter Polo shirt
        • Buying stoles for graduating seniors
        • Sending Delegates to Convention
        • Candidate Scholarship (pays for dues)
        • Beginning of Year Startup Funds
        • Determined to Chapter Vote
      • Many chapters have payment plans and priority is given to getting national dues in on time.
    • How do you feel about local dues?
      • Chapters should vote to approve local dues
      • Guidelines for payment plans would be welcome
        • Could setup payment plans during the last meetings of the year
          • guidelines for how to set these up would be welcome
      • Service funds should be fundraised by Chapter, local dues are for personal Chapter expenses
  • National Council Updates
    • Met in Orlando, FL for Winter Council at NatCon Hotel
    • Marco and Zac are working on a budgeting tool with Headquarters to get Chapters to NatCon
      • Rough estimate for 4 people in a hotel room for week with registration is $125 for Convention and $132 for hotel room
      • Parking is  $16/day
      • More to be included in the tool
    • February 1st is date for NatCon Website to go live
    • Curriculum Committee
      • Recorded hour and a half of audio for the KKPsi Presents Podcast
      • Will be a part of the National Town Hall at District Conventions
    • 75-80% of the way through budget, on track
    • Due to growth of National Organization, discussion on whether to suspend the automatic dues increase at NatCon
    • KKPsi Presents Podcast to be reformatted into segments
      • Will be asking for submissions from all Brothers about their own stories
    • Awards
      • Jack and Marco have reviewed Leadership Funds
      • Solicitation for Boh Makovsky Award, for an outstanding conductor
      • Gold Star Recognition – Brothers who have served/passed away during Military Service
    • Chapter Petitioning Documents are being scanned into an online database for Chapters to be able to access
  • District Feedback/Concerns
    • Curriculum Pilot Chapter Feedback:
      • Candidates enjoy being able to plan and execute their own fundraiser and service project
      • Has given Candidates a more collaborative and inclusive experience
      • Western District got feedback that they felt they were growing as leaders, but were less sure of the identity of the fraternity
        • lack of focus on chapter, district, and TBS identities
  • Announcements and Wrap up
    • J. Lee Burke are open to all Brothers, not just District Presidents
    • A. Frank Martin given to someone with a regional impact
    • DSMM top award given to someone with life-long contributions to music

Student Advisory Committee December 2016 Report


Below you will find an outline of what took place during the December Student Advisory Committee meeting on December 17, 2016. Michael Bradford-Calhoun of the SED took notes for the meeting. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. You can reach me at or the whole committee at

Keep Striving!

—December SAC – Minutes 12/17/2016—

  • Introduction/Attendance
    • Midwest: no representative
    • North Central: Justin Jensen – VP for Programs
    • Northeast: Shanon Rubin – VP
    • Southeast: Michael Bradford-Calhoun – President
    • Southwest: George Ishii – President
    • Western: Mitch Mikuchonis – President & Alyssa Maher – VP
  • District Updates
    • Midwest: n/a
    • North Central
      • Finalizing Convention plan
      • Winter meeting here soon
    • North East
      • Still looking for location for convention
      • Winter Council MLK weekend in Lancaster, PA
      • Focusing on precinct meetings
      • Future discussion on how to get students more involved
    • Southeast
      • Convention Plan turned in
      • Winter Council MLK Weekend
      • DLC February 11th @ Vanderbilt
      • Moving to Convention Center system after this year for District Convention
      • Honda Battle of the Bands – Atlanta, GA Jan 28th
      • Big event for bands and KKPSI will have a table present
    • Southwest
      • Convention Plan in
      • MLK weekend for Winter Council
      • Spring chapter leadership workshops
      • Application for students to present at workshops
    • Western
      • Moving forward with DLC – 13-15th
      • District Officers getting to speak with prospective candidates
      • Marching Band setting for their music workshop block
      • NIB recording possibilities at district events
      • WDC planning
      • Western District Ensemble Clinic – inviting high schools to come sit with the reading band
      • Jazz Band – up and running
      • Seeking host chapter for 2018
  • SAC Topic #1: How can both the district and national levels better prepare and encourage students to get to national convention?
    • Getting people to NatCon
      • Bussing for NatCon
        • ZK Chapter – Texas A&M Commerce, hired chartered buses that would pick up other chapters to go to NatCon.
      • Start a savings plan
    • Evaluating the difference of District or NatCon for chapters to understand what they should go to and why
    • Make sure Districts are getting information about District and NatCon out now
    • Circulation of ideas to get people to District Conventions and explain how it is different from a national convention
    • Rotating Facts about National Business to help Chapters know what will be discussed and have this regularly communicated in the lead up
  • National Council Updates
    • Alabama A&M Colony will be installed after the new year.
    • Submit any questions, comments, or concerns to be discussed at the National Council’s Winter Council Meeting by January 10th!
    • A lot of chapters missed the December 1st deadline! Redouble efforts to ensure deadlines are being met by your consitutent chapters!
  • District Feedback/Concerns
    • George asked about OMRS and how it is updated from one year to the next
      • This is largely on the chapters as there is not standard officer corps make up or way they can be reached.
      • George mentioned it would be nice having chapters with unified messaging accounts across their officers
        • Zac gave examples of how some chapters do this with officer email accounts and such. This comes down to effectively doing chapter transitions.
        • This is where district councils can focus on building and maintaining databases that can be leveraged.
  • Announcements and Wrap up
    • Applications for national office are due January 15th!