At the 2021 Kappa Kappa Psi National Convention, no candidate received the simple majority vote needed to elect a National Vice President for Student Affairs for the 2021-2023 biennium.
In accordance with the Kappa Kappa Psi National Constitution, if a vacancy occurs in the office of National Vice President for Student Affairs, the Board of Trustees, upon the recommendation of the National Council, shall appoint a National Vice President for Student Affairs. (Section 3.214)
The Kappa Kappa Psi National Council and Board of Trustees invite interested and qualified individuals to submit their name and qualifications for the position of National Vice President for Student Affairs for the 2021-2023 Biennium. The qualifications and responsibilities of the National Vice President for Student Affairs are outlined in Section 3.208, Section 3.401, and Section 3.711 of the Kappa Kappa Psi National Constitution.
Interested individuals should meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least twenty-three (23) years of age.
- Completed at least two (2) years of college work.
- Must be an Active Member, Associate Member, or Member of the Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association.
- Possess outstanding business or professional ability.
- Capable of representing the Fraternity under all ordinary conditions.
- Willing and able to devote the necessary time to the execution of the duties imposed by the office.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of developing and implementing student engagement programming.
- Experienced in working with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds.
- Capable of mentoring and coaching students in the areas of leadership, event planning, and conflict resolution.
Interested individuals must submit the following information to the National Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 11:59 pm CST on August 23, 2021.
- Letter of intent for the office of National Vice President for Student Affairs, why it is being sought, what contributions you can make in that office, and information detailing how you meet the above qualifications.
- Resume/Vita, which highlights professional, band, and fraternal experiences.
- A minimum of three (no more than five) letters of recommendation, one of which should be from within the applicant’s profession.
- A campaign statement, which provides a list of goals for the office and how you plan to achieve them.
- Biographical profile for publication on the National Website.
- One professional photograph, suitable for publication.
After a review of applications, the National Council will choose several individuals for a Zoom interview. Following the Zoom interview process, the National Council will recommend a candidate to the Board of Trustees, who review, approve, and appoint a National Vice President for Student Affairs.
Interested Brothers can submit materials electronically, in PDF format, no later than 11:59 pm CST on August 23, 2021, to:
Email to: email@example.com
Email Subject Line: National Vice President for Student Affairs Application
For more information, interested candidates can review the following:
- Sample Candidate Packets: Candidate packets will be posted on the elections website as examples.
- VPSA Chat – VPSA Q&A Panel: Hosted on August 8th at 6:00 pm Central Time. Registration Information for this session will be released in a few days.
Questions may be addressed to National President, Jessica Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Board of Trustees Chair, Eric Morson at email@example.com. We hope that you will consider applying for this unique opportunity to serve on the National Council!
Kappa Kappa Psi National President
Life Member, Eta Alpha – Lock Haven University