According to the National Constitution section 5.201, each District shall be under the jurisdiction of at least one (1) District Governor. The District Governor(s) serve for two years and are appointed each biennium. There will be openings in each district, either due to Governor retirements or additional Governors being added to the district.
The National Council would like to thank Dr. Craig Aarhus (SED Governor), Toni Castle (SWD Governor), Charlene Ronne (WD Governor), Erik Marrs (WD Governor), and Dr. Brad Townsend (NED Governor) for their years of service to their districts and to the fraternity at large. We wish you all the very best!
If you are interested in this opportunity to serve, please review the qualifications listed below and submit materials for consideration.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be at least twenty-five (25) years of age
- Commitment to the two (2) year Governor Term
- Possess outstanding business or professional ability
- Capable of representing the Fraternity under all ordinary circumstances
- Willing and able to devote the necessary time to the execution of the duties imposed by the office
- Attendance at District Events, District Convention, and both the 2021 and 2023 National Leadership Conferences and National Conventions
Interested individuals should submit the following:
- Fraternal and Professional Resumes
- A photo and brief biography, suitable for publication
- Letter of Intent, which addresses the following:
- How will you approach the role of District Governor?
- What 2 goals do you feel your district needs to address next biennium and what would be your plans to meet them?
- The direction of next biennium is to reCHARGE our Brotherhood. What do you believe this means for your district?
Please be on the lookout later in May for a 2021-2023 volunteer application for both students and alumni, to serve the fraternity in other capacities, including on committees, as colony advisors, or in other roles.
National Vice President for Colonization & Membership
Life Member, Eta Alpha Chapter