On behalf of the National Council, I am proud to announce the successful re-chartering of the Kappa chapter at Colorado State University and the installations of the Xi Epsilon chapter at Florida Memorial University and the Xi Zeta chapter at Widener University! The process started in late February of this semester with a petitioning group of twenty-eight band members for CSU, eleven band members for FMU, and twenty band members for WU. The Colorado State group was led by Tucker Booth with the support of their Director of Bands, Dr. Rebecca Phillips, and Sponsor, Dr. Jayme Taylor. Their installation took place on CSU’s campus on Sunday, April 23rd, 2023. The Florida Memorial group was led by Rashaud Marcelin with the support of their Director of Bands and Sponsor, Dr. Richard Beckford. Their installation took place on FMU’s campus on Thursday, April 13th, 2023. The Widener group was led by John Samohod with the support of their Director of Bands, Dr. Iain Moyer, and Sponsor, Kim Sulahian. Their installation took place on WU’s campus on Monday, April 17th, 2023.
This process would not have been possible without the help of our dedicated Advising Teams. The teams advising each group were led by MWD Governor, Dr. Nicholas Rorrer (CSU); SED Governor, Arupa Gopal-Campbell (FMU); and National Database & Membership System Coordinator, Aaron Moore (WU). Each Advising Team consisted of several alumni members, who are listed below. Thank you to these Brothers for their guidance and leadership in this process. We are deeply grateful for their service and support.
Colorado State Advising Team
- Dr. Nicholas Rorrer (Life Member, Eta Beta | MWD Governor) – Lead Advisor
- Justin Chesak (Life Member, Gamma Iota | Past CFR, 2016-2018)
- Makenzie Chesak (Life Member, Alpha | Expansion Committee Vice-Chair)
- Christian Heck (Alumni Member, Iota Kappa | Graduate Student at CSU)
- Joey Sacino (Life Member, Iota Kappa | DEIA Committee Member)
Florida Memorial Advising Team
- Arupa Gopal-Campbell (Life Member, Kappa Tau | SED Governor) – Lead Advisor
- Tar-Shae` Odom (Active Member, Zeta Eta | National VP for Student Affairs)
- Kadeem Sabari (Life Member, Zeta Chi | ΚΚΨAA BOD Member)
- Joe Figliolo (Alumni Member, Mu Eta | Expansion Committee Member)
- Alyssia Price (Active Member, Gamma Nu | Curriculum Development Committee Member)
Widener University Advising Team
- Aaron Moore (Life Member, Alpha Rho | National Database & Membership System Coordinator) – Lead Advisor
- Marci Jones (NED Honorary Member | NED Governor)
- Ali Beidler (Life Member, Eta Rho & Data | Assessment Committee Member)
- Ayleen Sanchez (Life Member, Alpha Chi | Curriculum Development Committee Member)
- Michael “Ike” Ireland (Life Member, Nu Omicron | Expansion Committee Member)
Several chapters offered to help out by providing supplies and members for the Ritual and installation. We would like to extend our appreciation to the following chapters for their assistance.
- Xi chapter (Colorado School of Mines) for lending their Ritual gear for the Colorado State University chapter installation.
- Kappa Tau chapter (University of South Florida) for lending their Ritual gear for the Florida Memorial University chapter installation.
- Eta Rho chapter (West Chester University) for providing a Ritual team and lending their Ritual gear for the Widener University chapter installation.
Lastly, we would like to give thanks to all the chapters and alumni members who made the trip to provide support in the installation ceremony for the Kappa, Xi Epsilon, and Xi Zeta chapters. It was extremely heartwarming to see everyone come together to welcome our new Brothers. We are excited to transition to the post-installation process with each of these chapters and for the opportunity to have these groups represented at the upcoming National Convention. Please help us congratulate and welcome them to the Brotherhood! AEA.
If you or anyone you know has questions about our petitioning process, please visit our Expansion page or email me at email@example.com.