As we close out another school year, I want to share this friendly reminder with all of our outgoing and incoming chapter officers, active members, sponsors, and directors.
- Initiate Registration Form – Please complete and submit all fees and paperwork associated with your Initiate Registration Form. This should be submitted within 30 days of initiation. Late fees apply to chapters who do not submit within the appropriate time. Remember that this form cannot be processed if you do not submit a copy of the signed summary page along with payment. The signatures from the Candidate Registration & Risk Management Form required as part of the Road to Wisdom do not count as the signed summary page.
- Officer & Chapter Update – If you have held elections that have not been reported, please complete this form as soon as possible so that National Headquarters has accurate contact information for your chapter leadership. If you have not yet started your Chapter Summary Report, please check that you officers are listed correctly before beginning the CSR. This form will also need to be completed prior to submitting a Graduating Senior Report if any of your currently listed officers are graduating.
- Chapter Summary Report – This report is due by June 1st. Please begin working on this document now and remember to give time for sponsor and director approval prior to the deadline. We recommend completing this form prior to the end of finals week.
- Graduating Senior Report – This report allows us to document graduating seniors and provide recognition to them for their service to college bands. Graduating Seniors receive a one-year complimentary membership in the Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association if the chapter submits this form. This report should be completed alongside the Chapter Summary Report.
- Officer Transition Meeting – The National Council encourages all chapters to hold a transition meeting between outgoing and incoming officers. Many discipline issues occur as a result of a lack of institutional knowledge of the larger fraternal responsibilities of the active chapter including reports and dues. Outgoing officers please take time to review these responsibilities with your successor. Set your chapter up success in the coming year.
- National Awards/Programs – The National Council encourages all chapters and members to review the national awards and scholarships which can be found at kkpsi.org under the Programs tab. Due date for applications and nominations is July 1st. If you have specific questions, contact Vice President Bratcher at email@example.com.
- Vice Presidents of Membership Joining Edmodo – All Vice Presidents of Membership for the 2018-2019 school year should join the Learning Community at Edmodo.com. Edmodo contains all of the updated documents and forms associated with The Road to Wisdom. All previous VPMs will be removed at the end of the school year. If you have questions about joining, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For each of the forms submitted in the OMRS, please make sure you are following up directly with your Sponsor and Director of Bands when forms are ready to be approved. Do not rely on email notifications from the OMRS as your only means of follow-up.
If you have any questions, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Evan L. Thompson