Applications due by Friday, June 22, 2018
Please contact the Curriculum Development Committee at email@example.com for any question.
Title: Road to Wisdom Advisor
Participant Group: Alumni/Life Members of Kappa Kappa Psi
- To guide and monitor chapters through the implementation of the National Membership Education Program: The Road to Wisdom
- To facilitate discussion and collaboration between chapter Vice Presidents of Membership.
- To review planning documents and chapter calendars to ensure chapters implement the components of The Road to Wisdom.
- To communicate the progress of chapter implementation to the National Vice President for Colonization and Membership and the Curriculum Development Committee.
- To communicate strengths, needs, and edits of The Road to Wisdom to the National Vice President for Colonization and Membership and the Curriculum Development Committee.
Activities and Tasks
The Road to Wisdom Advisor will work with their assigned Chapter Vice Presidents of Membership (VPM) to mentor and guide the active member through their Membership Education Program. The Advisor will work with each VPM to accomplish the Vice President Planning Document, setting a calendar, and facilitate the Road to Wisdom.
The amount of time will be varied based on when assigned chapters conduct their membership education program. The time for an Advisor to commit weekly is also based on the schedule of the professional and personal life of the individual. It is expected that advisors respond to inquiries and e-mails related to The Road to Wisdom in a timely and professional manner.
Boundaries and Limitations
The Road to Wisdom Advisors will work with their assigned chapters to ensure Vice Presidents of Membership and chapters are compliant with all aspects of The Road to Wisdom. The Advisor will be expected to assist VPMs with understanding the VPM Guide and Membership Candidate Guidebook. The Advisor will be reviewing and assessing chapter calendars and planning documents, and mentoring VPMs through the implementation process. The Advisor will not approve or disapprove chapter activities and events. Approval of chapter activities and events outside of the curriculum will be referred to the District Governors.
Personal Traits and Qualities/Qualifications
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree
- Enthusiastic about working with any Chapter Vice President of Membership (VPM)
- Previous VPM or educator experience preferred, but not required
- Self-Motivated to initiate conversations with VPM’s via phone, e-mail, or other digital platforms
- Attention to detail
- Willing to collaborate for the advancement of The Road to Wisdom
Support and Supervision
The Road to Wisdom is supervised by the National Curriculum Development Committee, the National Vice President for Colonization & Membership, and the National President. Advisors can expect support from these individuals throughout the school year and will have the access to Curriculum Development Committee for assistance.