Brothers of Kappa Kappa Psi –
We hope this message finds you well. As part of our commitment to fostering strong governance and effective leadership within our organization, we are excited to announce a call for nominations to fill a vacancy on the Board of Trustees.
Our Board of Trustees plays a vital role in shaping our organization’s vision, direction, and mission. As we strive to positively impact the lives of our members and the band community, we seek dedicated individuals who are passionate about our mission and possess the skills and expertise to drive our organization forward.
We invite all eligible members, stakeholders, and community leaders to actively participate in this nomination process. If you believe that your skills and experience align with our organization’s needs, we encourage you to submit your materials for consideration. If you know an alumnus of Kappa Kappa Psi who would be an outstanding candidate, please forward this information and encourage them to submit materials for consideration.
To be eligible for nomination, individuals must meet the following criteria as listed in the National Constitution:
- A member of the Fraternity;
- a member of the Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association;
- at least twenty-nine (29) years of age;
- shall possess outstanding business or professional ability;
- and shall be capable of representing the Corporation and Fraternity under all conditions.
- Complete the Nominations Form with your information and materials.
- Submit no later than 11:59 pm CT on Friday, September 1, 2023.
- Brief Biography
- Photograph Suitable for Print Publication (.jpg or .png)
- Letter of Intent (Word or PDF)
In your letter, please:
- explain why you are seeking to join the Board of Trustees;
- outline how your skills, experiences, and qualifications would complement the Board of Trustees; and
- describe both your understanding of the role of the Board of Trustees within Kappa Kappa Psi and your vision for how your involvement on the Board of Trustees will contribute to the growth and success of our Fraternity and the college band movement.
- Résumé / Vita
- List of Three (3) References (with contact information)
Selection Process & Announcement
Once the nomination period has ended, the National Council will thoroughly review all the submitted nominations and assess each candidate’s qualifications and alignment with the organization’s mission. Shortlisted candidates will then be contacted for an interview for further evaluation.
The interview process allows the National Council to better understand the candidates, their reasoning for being interested, and their vision for the organization. During the interviews, candidates may have the opportunity to discuss their skills, experiences, and how they envision complementing the Board of Trustees’ responsibilities. After the interview process, the National Council will carefully review the list of finalists and select the candidate they believe will best complement the Board and contribute to the organization’s growth and success. The appointed candidate will be announced and welcomed to the Board of Trustees through our website, email distribution lists, and social media accounts.
- August 11, 2023 – Call for Nominations Announcement
- September 1, 2023 – Deadline for Nominations (closes at 11:59 pm CT)
- September 2-15, 2023 – Review period
- September 16-24, 2023 – Interview Period
- September 25-30, 2023 – Follow-Up & Deliberation Period
- October 2, 2023 – Announcement of Appointment
Your active participation in this process is crucial in helping us find the right individual to join our Board and contribute to the growth and success of Kappa Kappa Psi. We look forward to receiving your nominations and building a stronger, more vibrant journey together. If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you and AEA,
Bang T. Co
Kappa Kappa Psi